SJB School/College of Nursing was established in the year 2003, under Sri Adichunchanagiri Shikshana Trust with an aim to provide quality Nursing education and to prepare nurses with the highest level of education and nursing practice.
SJB School/College of Nursing is attached to its own hospital, BGS Global Hospital, a multi speciality organ transplantation and tertiary care center, established in the year 2006.
To Grow beyond leaps & bounds as an Institute of par excellence in the arena of professional education developing human resources of high caliber with sound character.
Aims & Aspirations
- To pursuit excellence in Nursing towards serving the needy.
- To pursuit excellence in treating and caring the patients.
- To pursuit professionalism and to meet all medical emergencies in saving valuable lives.
- To pursuit excellence in studies, sport, co-curricular activities and personality development.
- To develop self-reliance, courage, self-confidence and self esteem.
- To bring about total transformation in a student towards physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social aesthetic and creative fulfillment.
- To encourage the students to develop a desire for life long learning.
- To develop independentthinking, thoughtful decision making and critical analysis.
- Promoting human values and service to the mankind with tender loving care.
Objectives of the College
- To provide a balance in professional and general education and to enable a student to become a professional nurse practitioner who has self direction and a responsible citizen.
- Graduates of this programme are prepared for beginning level positions in community and institutions of nursing services and have the foundation for continuing professional development and for post-graduate study in nursing.
- Through planned guided experience, students are provided with opportunities to develop.
- A broad concept of the fundamental principles of nursing care based on sound knowledge and satisfactory level skill in providing care to people of all ages in a community or an institutional setting.
- Understanding the application of principles for assuring health status.
- Ability to investigate health care problem systematically.
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of allied disciplines towards attaining optimum health for all the members of the society.
- Understanding the principles of teaching and their application in their work situation.
- Ability to assume responsibilities for continuing, learning and for increasing competence in nursing practice.
- Appreciation of professional attitudes necessary for leadership roles in nursing.
- Appreciation of social and ethical obligations to society.
SJB College of Nursing
#67, BGS Health & Education City
Uttarahalli Road Kengeri, Bangalore South – 560060
Phone: +91-80-65460337 | Fax: +91-80-28612361 | Email: email@example.com | Website: www.sjbcon.ac.in