BGS International Residential School (BGSIRS), Bangalore, India, was founded by His Divine soul Jagadguru Padmabhushana Sri Sri Sri Dr. Balagangadharanatha Swamiji of Adichunchanagiri Math, in 1997 and formally inaugurated on 19th January 2001 by the then Prime Minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. BGSIRS flourishes under the aegis and guidance of the present Chief Pontiff of the Math His Holiness Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Dr. Nirmalanandanatha Maha Swamiji, President Sri Adichunchanagiri Shikshana Trust and Revered Sri Sri Dr. Prakashnatha Swamiji as the Managing Director, BGS Group of Institutions.
The school is one of the finest centers of learning in India. It is a co-educational and also residential school having foreign and NRI students from all over the world. The school reposes in the lap of nature off Bangalore-Mysore National Highway, in a sprawling 100 acres of safe and pollution free environment surrounded by a beautiful valley. The campus is absolutely calm, quiet, with large areas of gardens, lawns and playgrounds that merges with nature.
The courses of study and curriculum have been designed with an aim that students from all over the world can take their Secondary and Senior Secondary school certificate examination under the Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E).
Mission and Vision
The school is dedicated to prepare students to be conscientious and responsible citizens with a sense of integrity and honesty which will be imbibed with a spirit of adventure, exploration, research and creativity. The school believes in uniqueness and fostering each individual’s potential and therefore, provides varied opportunities for successful living and growth.
A child-centered education with the concept of an all-round development of the individual child is the foremost philosophy of BGSIRS.
- The pursuit of excellence in character building studies, games, sports, co-curricular activities.
- The development of personality, self-reliance, courage, self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Thus bringing about of a total transformation in a student not only in academics but also in physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, aesthetic and creative thinking.
- Encouraging students with a desire for lifelong learning.
- The fostering of independent thinking, thoughtful decision-making, critical analysis and appreciation and understanding of differences of opinion.
- The discovery of a student in knowing what it is to live and grow, with clarity of thought, in harmony with nature, with beauty and freedom in the world.
- Inculcating the best in Indian culture and tradition among its pupils and fostering in them lasting moral values.
- Creating responsible, disciplined and secular citizens, who are fully aware of their social, moral and cultural obligations and commitments, with a desire for unbounded service to humanity.
- To develop a patriotic outlook in Students with an everlasting desire to serve the country.
- Establishing true equality among all students, irrespective of caste or community, status and background. The school will promote positive interpersonal relationships, where students can work together and become caring and sharing individuals, with a concern and feeling for others.
- Promoting International friendship and understanding by admitting students from different parts of the world, to enable them to learn about India, its rich cultural heritage, ethos and values.
BGS INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL
Nithyanandanagar, Kengeri Hobli, Gollahalli Post, Bangalore South- 560 074, KARNATAKA, INDIA
Phone: +91-80-28437653 | Email: email@example.com | Website: www.bgsirs.org